Friday, September 12, 2008

Where's the Beef!?

A little while ago I was going through some things at my house. My sister so lovingly moved all my things over from my parent's house for me when, after I got married, I wasn't moving out fast enough for her. (Love you Mel! :) ) One big black garbage bag she had moved over was completely full of stuffed animals. I used to collect them when I was little. Most of them I'm getting rid of, cause who really needs a million stuffed animals? But there are also quite a few that I am going to keep. For those of you who don't know, I love cows. I must love them from a cow club my friends and I created in elementary school. Embarrassing to admit now I guess, but it was cool at the time. :) I now have lots of cow stuff! A couple key chains, a cow tea set, a crystal cow figurine, a cow cookie jar, cow salt and pepper shakers, and the list goes on. I even decided when I have my own house to decorate someday, I want to have a cow kitchen. I really like them that much. I know... I'm crazy. :) It was fun when I found out my sister-in-law, Emily, likes cows just as much as I did. Some of my cow things I got from her. Anyway, I realized as I was going through all my stuffed animals that I have quite a few stuffed cows. I even could tell you where I got almost all of them. Lots of fond memories, so I decided to take some pictures to remember just how many cows I have. I even found a few more after I took these pictures, but didn't really care enough to take them all out again. :) So here are a few pictures of most of my stuffed cows.




Quite a few stuffed cows for me to keep. Not sure where I'm going to put them all. :)



Side shot




And another...you'd think I was trying to get profile shots or something....



This was my favorite one forever! She was a present from my now brother-in-law's two sisters for, I think, my 10th birthday. Her name is Denise and the two little cows in front are Clarice and Buttermilk. I used to sleep with her every night. Yes, I was a little kid forever. She's been all over the US with me. :)


And my own personal cowboy. :) Just perfect for me!

2 comments:

Happy Wanderers said...

Ha!! You know, My mom kept all my stuffed cows up on that big huge shelf the spanned the longest wall in bedroom...up until about a week ago!! She decided it was time to redecorate (sniff--I don't understand why! I made cute cow curtains and painted black spots on all the door and window frames and even on my fan--looked really cool when you turned it on!) so she asked me if I wanted to keep them all or just have her give them away without my seeing them. I opted for the giving away, since #1 where am I going to keep them? and #2 how would I get them here? and #3 are they really worth shipping around the world every couple of years? Oh well. I should have had her take a picture for me... That would have been fun. I wish I still had my super cool cow tea kettle! I don't know what happened to it? (Probably the same thing that just happened to my stuffed cows--an anonymous tossing!) :)

kajsia mccoy said...

MOOOOOOOOooooooo.